Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012


 Here it is October 26th.. another glorious day at Frog Hollow... minus the frogs!..
I must remember to google and find out where or what they do for the winter months...

 Tootsie's Fertilizer Fridays are a great way to remind us just how much we actually still have blooming in our gardens.  With any luck though I will get to cut my garden back this weekend so that I can start getting that 30 yards of mulch spread....
So, enjoy your walk.....
This is my climbing rose out by the garage.




I could not believe the things I've already cut back that have very determinedly decided to bloom again! This is a ligularia. Im not sure of the species of this one.

















Instead of carving a pumpkin I have bought a pumpkin stack... You walk around and pick out the pumpkins you like... stack them up to suit you and voi la... the little frog pumpkin was an after thought.. He went for a walk through the garden trying out all different spots till he found one where hopefully he will be safe from chipmunks and dogs!

This is my 1.99 rose...

 Since I'm suppose to be taking the week off and letting my head heal I found myself having time to go and walk through some of my favorite garden centers which are all trying so hard to get closed for the winter.. 50%, 60% and 80% off.... wow... count me in! So I felt compelled to help by doing my share.
This 5 foot long pot was cracked up the side and I got it for next to nothing. These are my colours. It was just meant to be. Hopefully the Hens and Chicks will grow and spread to look as if they are spilling out.

This pot because it has the same colours will go in the same bed somewhere......

I had already bought the orange/brown and molted blue in the spring... but, I did pick up  two more of the orange/brown in different sizes...

I had bought the small molted red pot in mid summer. I managed to get the two larger ones for 50% off. NOTE...... there were very few small pots left... Next summer if I buy any more pots at full price its going to be the smaller ones knowing that the sales come on and what is left... This sale has been going on for over a month. I was just able to resist going and looking until today.

Here's the frog pumpkin looking very pleased with himself.
That's all for Frog Hollow this week.
I'm looking forward to walking all the other gardens that have linked into Tootsie time's Fertilizer Fridays...
Hope you enjoy walking my garden for what could be the last time of showing any flowers. From now on it will be projects of garden art/ sculptures etc and of course its now Quilting season..
Please leave me a comment so I know you've been.
Ta raaa
www.tootsietime.com
ff

6 comments:

  1. You really do have a lot blooming! Love your climbing rose and your pumpkin stack too. The frog pumpkin is adorable. I think the frogs hibernate over the winter. Have a nice wknd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really did surprise me just how much. Like I said...Tootsie makes us stop and be gratfull for all we still have.

      Delete
  2. Hope you're feeling better, Kate. I know the hard part is trying not to do too much. You have some beautiful containers there, love the colors, too.

    I love the pumpkin stack!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is...especially when there is just so very much still left to do. I usually don't cut back in the fall though. So anything I do like that will just take the load off in the spring..
      Hows all your garden clean up coming. You have a lot more then me.
      Hope your weather has been good and you've been able to enjoy the last days of Autumn

      Delete
  3. I have broken pots in my garden, too. I love the casual elegance they add. :o) Yours are beauties! I'm surprised at how much you still have blooming! I had a few flowers in bloom but post-Sandy I'll just be happy not to have a tree in my living room. Keep resting! Concussions don't heal quickly. Be kind to yourself.

    ReplyDelete