Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Least we Forget....






 It would not seem like Remembrance day without hearing this familiar childhood poem.
In my travels it surprised me that not everyone actually had ever heard this poem. It just seemed to be such a part of Remembrance day and the whole celebration of drawing poppies and making wreaths growing up.I don't think I actually ever look at a poppy without the first couple lines glimmer in my memory.  As Canadian children we would observe the two minutes silence. Watch the veterans place their wreaths at the memorial. Veterans would be invited in to tell us their stories. Then I married a British soldier. I experienced it from a wifes perspective. Im told that not all schools observe Remembrance day any more. Its not "Politically correct"... (You do not want to hear my reply to that)  Please take the time to remember.... For all the men and women who have given so much. I do not think that two minutes of your day is such a big thing to ask for.    

                                                                  Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment