Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

A parting gift...

Daughter number twos' beau Jason is always looking for something to do to keep busy. He is still waiting for his call back to work. Unfortunately with all the flooding that happened in Alberta that call has not come through yet. I have reaped the benefit of that with work around the acreage and now this beauty. I mentioned that I would like a "Potting bench" and here is the start...


I mentioned that I would like it to have a place that you lift off the top and a screen would be there to sift through soil from pots etc and a place for a tote or large bucket to catch the sifted soil..

Here's the finished table with a couple coats of protective sealant. Its rightful home is to be over on the deck of the house but we are in the midst of pressure washing and then restaining the logs. Since I need to start potting up cuttings of plants I want to winter over etc I've set it up in this covered over area of the pole barn which is very handy to our vegetable garden. The blue tote is under the screen and I can not empty out pots and screen the soil to be reused.

Ahhhh to relax at the end of the day over looking the perennial beds, pond and out through the meadow.
Thank you Jason... another job well done and greatly appreciated. ( daughter number two found a "keeper" in this one!)
I had a whole list of things I wanted to try to do this spring. In fact its now just a day or so short of September!...Several of the ideas or inspiration has been picked up through Pinterest. That site is wonderful and dangerous at the same time! I have fortunately been extremely busy at work so not a lot of time has been spent on there at the moment. Hows your "to do list"?
Have you been able to enjoy a day, week or even a few hours of creative play?....
If not then why not drop over to Pinterest and get inspired...
I had a whole list of things I wanted to do with Jasons help. Im extremely pleased that I was gifted this incredible Potting bench though before they moved on in their adventures. The garden tour is now behind me and a long weekend awaits.  I feel a need to relax and create something! What are your long weekend plans? Are your children ready for school? Are you? 

Whatever your plans.....Remember that it is never too late to be all that you were meant to be!

Kate

Im linking up with outdoor Wednesday... yes Im late! put it down to all the catching up Im doing after ten days away but its always worth stopping over and checking out what is happening in other gardens around the world... far more entertaining then the TV...

 Outdoor-Wednesday-button_thumb1_thum[2]


3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a beautiful potting bench! I would keep him around as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kate, thanks for visiting my blog, i have another blogsite also with plants, travels and butterflies, haha! Regarding your garden bench it is beautiful and useful, i would say your daughter knows how to get a boyfriend! And looking at their photos, they seem to look Asian, in fact looks like me. Lastly, i have very close friends who migrated to Alberta, and i am a resident of Fertilizer Friday of Tootsie.

    ReplyDelete