Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

FROZEN...The newly released view of an Alternate season in Frog Hollow

I try extremely hard to continue to see the beauty in each and every day...even when that means colder temps, snow and ICE!
After all... I have not figured out how to control the weather quite yet...

I was feeling a bit blue after my youngest went back home December 10th.. It felt like Christmas was over.. So I decided to adjust my attitude and go out into the garden and look for the beauty... To find my joy in what is and where I am rather then sit and feel like "I will be happy when"...  I figured out that by doing that I was wishing my life away rather then grabbing the joy that can be gained from everyday. No matter how small. Perhaps its even just a prayer at night Thanking God for giving me the strength to get through the day.
I found that the ice covering the twigs of the Dogwood are indeed very beautiful with the ice...


 This was a glorious when the sun shone into it... You get a good feel for the exact amount of ice covering every thing.
 Look at how there are literally balls of ice sitting on the tips...

 Your imagination can run rampant in a setting like this. I could picture the characters from the first Narnia showing up at any moment.

 If I had had lights on this tree I think it would of been stunning to see how the balls of ice would of lit up ...
The birds are a welcome addition to the colour of berry's left on some ornamental trees and shrubs...

 I've positioned the bird feeders so that I can be entertained by the birds as I quilt... I am reminded of a dear lady I met over in Farnham England who had an Avery. 
 I seriously thought of putting my skates on and doing a twirl around the pond... It would have to be a very small twirl however for someone who grew up playing hockey on a boys team!
 I do still like to go and sit here and look over the garden. I just do not sit as long!
 Underneath the snow I can picture the seeds of perennials scattered in the fall sleeping snugly... waiting to stretch and push through the soil ...just as soon as it warms up that is.
 But for now the snow cloaked shrubs and trees
 or covered in ice stand watch over the sleeping garden.
 The meadow could have a horse drawn sleigh dashing through it
 Or whimsical fantasy characters coming to life...
Even Bear said he thought this looked like the spiders in the latest Hobbit movie...  Beauty can be found any where if we take the time to actually stop, look and listen for it.   
My imagination took flight..... I felt like someone was watching me...
I turned around to see this Holly bush smiling at me.. The face that is being trimmed into it standing out comically grinning...perhaps welcoming a rare visitor into the garden...
Have you gone out and walked through your garden. Looked to see what it has to offer in an alternate season? 
I hope you enjoyed you winter wonderland walk through Frog Hollow... Did you notice that the Mermaid is missing... She, like me does not like the cold.. She is snuggled up on the hearth by the fire and will not venture out until the first crocus beckons her teasing and coaxing her to come out and take her rightful place as the side of the pond...

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment