Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Our new garden!

Welcome to my Garden... I want this to be a journey of sharing the progress I make here at "Mermaid in Frog Hollow" for my three daughters who now live so very far away! As well as, for anyone else who may just come across this blog!
Let me start with a few photos of the garden.

So this is the front of the house in May 2012....

Our new yard is very treed and private and I love that it has beautiful flowering Dogwoods.

This is a picture taken from the front walk way looking down into the garden

Our bridge over the river

Big bed that seperates the front lawn from the "meadow"

looking through the big bed out to the meadow

The rock wall



4 comments:

  1. Mary, I LOVE the rocks, lol! They are just amazingly beautiful. What fun you'll have with those 'bones' to work with. I'm reading your posts out of order; wish I'd started at the beginning, but anyway, everything is Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great garden to start with. I love the stream, I have one too. The bridge is a nice touch. Love the big rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are beautiful, Kate! Your garden looks enchanted. Who made the landscape design? I like every detail of it. I especially love the cute bridge over the river and the big rocks spread in the meadows. They all fit together to make a lovely garden.

    Katy Eagles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy
    Thanks for stopping by. I actually do not know who designed the original garden.
    It had been neglected for three years till I moved here. There was quite a bit of plant material here. I was given a lot, bought a lot more!. At the time this photo was taken we were still renting to own so although I had removed a lot of the excess ornamental grasses there were a lot of things yet to be done. I spent the summer digging up and splitting and then rearranging perennials. Adding in other plants and trying to create something even more me. I can't wait to see if it worked. I've put in over 300 tulips. 60 Asiactic Lilies unknown amounts..(or at least Im not admitting where my husband might see!) of other perennials, shrubs etc. I have a lot of rhododendrens to be added this spring. All kinds of creative ideas...just not the money to do it all!
    please come back and see how the garden unfolds through out 2013.

    ReplyDelete