Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

TGIF.... and "I want to check you for ticks"

Its been a very LONG trying week which me ending up having to go see a doctor and being put on antibiotics because of tick bites!...  I have been so careful and usually shower as soon as going into the house and checking myself. I somehow missed one and even after showering then woke up in the middle of the night to find it and having to remove it!.... I've had that song "I want to check you for ticks" playing through my mind a lot since.
It surprises me how much colour I still have on show here at Frog Hollow considering that I am cutting back so much to delay or prolong blooming out till the last garden tour. I'm mindful to leave enough though to keep the hummingbirds and the butterfly's happy!. I am gone though for an extended weekend to see a PGA tour with the Bear. I guess I will be learning more about golf. Then I'm off to see daughter number one an three from the 16 through 26th in Alberta. We are timing that visit to be able to enjoy the Global fest fireworks competition. Its held in one of the parks that was in my area as a foreman for the City of Calgary and I'm looking forward to the opportunity to reconnect with friends and colleagues who will most likely be there on the different nights.

This is a bed that I don't think I have shown much if at all. Its a bed that had a broken fence and only really ornamental grasses growing to hide the propane tank.
Liatrus started last fall is growing well and actually blooming

Hosts have really taken off in the garden 
So far the "sleeping dragon" has migrated around until I find just the perfect place. Perhaps there isn't a perfect place but a changing place weekly.
Stokes Asters are really taking off and although not an intense colour I love there frilly flowers. The softer blue looks great in the late afternoon light and almost works like a white being situated right across the pond from the Moon garden.
Portulaca has begun to really spread and bloom along the rock wall. I love this colour.
This is part of the new planting along the walk through the big bed and shade garden. Although obviously this is a part where there is adequate sun.
Coreopsis.
front walk way with the ornamental kale really spreading and the sedum taking on its purple colour. Next will be the tall lily's blooming. I'm wondering if the Canna will at all as there isn't any indication of it.
I didn't realize that the focus was on the crocosmia leaves and not on the "Black Knight" butterfly bush. But I wanted to show you how intense and dark the blue is of this variety.
Pink Butterfly bush.
Rose of Sharon 
Carpet roses out on the mound of the Butterfly garden.
Love the contrast here.
My favorite Phlox
This delphinium started out a light blue and faded to next to white. Beautiful against the blue spruce.
Ditch lily's as they are called here in Michigan great you as you turn into our driveway.

Balloon flowers on the other side of the driveway.
I've been crazy busy with clients and have had a successful week in Real Estate
but I'm sure glad its Friday.  I'm off to another local festival this weekend and hope to have time to get to some much needed work in the garden or working on some of the various "secret" projects.
What are you up to this weekend. 
Thanks for stopping by and checking out the progress here in Mermaid at Frog Hollow.

Kate









1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better soon...ticks are NO fun...that song is a fun song...lol
    it feels like forever since I had time to sit and enjoy everyone's posts...I am so glad I could drop by today and see your addition to my little party! Your share is gorgeous!
    Thank you so much for linking into my little party this week...I appreciate and enjoy every post!
    I hope you will link in again and again!
    I am also sharing your post to the Tootsie Time Facebook page!
    Have a great week!

    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

    --
    www.tootsietime.com

    ReplyDelete